Welcome and welcome back to the corner of Old Betsy and Hillcrest!
We have been waiting for you to celebrate the season of your educational Quinceañera that will lead you into the Sweet Sixteen of university life. You have traveled different paths, but you converge here, in this place, to ENGAGE in what God has placed before you.
Seniors, this is it! Claim Philippians 1:6 as your rallying cry –
He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it at the day of Christ Jesus.
Juniors, soon it will be your time to shine. Meanwhile, stand ready to take the mantle –
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good (Psa. 34:8).
Sophomores, your enthusiasm continues to permeate the campus. As you transition unto the second rung on the ladder, remember –
But they that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength (Isa. 40:31).
Freshmen, it's the beginning of great things to come. At times, it seems difficult to leave the known for the unknown. Know that as it was then it is still true now –
The Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you (Deut. 31:8).
Students, continue with your onward and upward march. Partake in all that which is good. Be full participants in the realm of the classroom and beyond.
Take hold of that which has been given to you and place it in the Master's hand. ENGAGE in the moment and be mindful of what it is that sets us apart as we look forward to the ultimate ENGAGEMENT – at the banquet table.
Be blessed, Southwestern.
Vice President for Student Services
We are a community engaged in the intentional development of our students' mental, spiritual, physical and social lives. Not content with marginal performance or careless living, we seek to provide a healthy environment that encourages students to reach their fullest potential. In support of this, we are committed to providing Southwestern's students with:
- Advice and guidance as they assume increasing responsibility for their lives
- Welcoming residential students through providing quality housing and dining
- Adequate student health care as well as an environment that is conducive to good health
- Activities and programming that exposes students to important ideas, and encourages cultural development and spiritual maturation
- Opportunity to develop leadership skills through student government, clubs, and other organizations
- Positive community life that encourages all students to reach their God-given potential for good and for service.
Areas of supervision and oversight include
- Campus Recreation
- Counseling Services
- Food Services
- Health Services
- Residential Life
- Student Discipline
- Student Association Activities
The Student Services Department is assisted by
- Director of Counseling and Outreach
- Director of Food Services
- Director of Disability Services
- Residence Hall Deans