Welcome and welcome back. The 2016-2017 tour is upon us. May it be our desire to commit individual and collective efforts to taste success on this year's journey. I hope that our new and renewed vigor gives us what we need at just the right moments, whether it be minimal or monumental. May God's hand direct our paths as we come together on common ground. Let His spirit lead us in varied aspects as we pledge to seek knowledge, grow in faith and participate in acts of service and compassionate care for our neighbors and one another. May His grace embrace us in His sweet and infinite love. I encourage us to continually seek the counsel of the I AM in all that university life has to offer.
This year, in Him, we - U KNIGHT.
We are a community engaged in the intentional development of our students' mental, spiritual, physical and social lives. Not content with marginal performance or careless living, we seek to provide a healthy environment that encourages students to reach their fullest potential. In support of this, we are committed to providing Southwestern's students with:
- Advice and guidance as they assume increasing responsibility for their lives
- Welcoming residential students through providing quality housing and dining
- Adequate student health care as well as an environment that is conducive to good health
- Activities and programming that exposes students to important ideas, and encourages cultural development and spiritual maturation
- Opportunity to develop leadership skills through student government, clubs, and other organizations
- Positive community life that encourages all students to reach their God-given potential for good and for service.
Areas of supervision and oversight include
- Campus Recreation
- Counseling Services
- Food Services
- Health Services
- Residential Life
- Student Discipline
- Student Association Activities
The Student Services Department is assisted by
- Director of Counseling and Outreach
- Director of Food Services
- Director of Disability Services
- Residence Hall Deans